Friday, May 23, 2008

Donuts Don't Count

I was eating greasy Chinese takeout yesterday with some friends while watching a Jackie Chan flick from the 80's. I commented on how unhealthy the food was and how I wouldn't touch the fried stuff with a ten-foot pole. Some healthy vs. unhealthy comments on the food were exchanged, and then a guy said the funniest thing I've heard in a while:

"I heard that if you eat every few hours it's better for you than eating just three meals a day." (Yes, that is true, I thought to myself). "So today I bought a pack of donuts and I've been eating them throughout the day to keep my metabolism up."

HAHA! This should be in a comic strip; maybe I will write one. Eating donuts all at once or every few hours is countering any good eating habits. Donuts are probably one of the worst (yet still delicious) foods for you, period. Just thought I'd clear up the confusion.

No comments: