Sunday, April 27, 2008

Start of the "Sunday Editions"

From now on I'm going to try to post something of a spiritual nature on Sunday. I seriously heart Sunday; it is hands-down the best day of the week. I love going to church and everything about it: feeling the Spirit, taking the sacrament, increasing my desire to becoming a better person, and associating with wonderful people. I love Sunday dinner with family and friends and the feeling of satiety that only comes after stuffing myself with Grandma Rae's ham and funeral potatoes or thyme chicken. I love having nothing to do but relax and reflect on the beauty of the Gospel and the many blessings in my life. I really get to thinking about all that I've been given. "Count your many blessings, name them one by one...":


1) My family- My mom in particular is amazing. She is the sweetest, most genuine person I've ever met. She will initiate a conversation with anyone and makes everyone around her comfortable. She is the best listener and the person I love to talk to the most. I am also lucky to know everyone in my extended family. Both of my grandmas are wonderful. They are so generous and have been such great examples to me. I could do a whole post on my exceptional family.

2)
A healthy body- Our bodies are so powerful and capable. I'm thankful for a body that can do most anything I ask of it.

3)
Food and Shelter- Not only is food delicious and fun to eat, but it keeps us alive. I have never worried about going hungry and I haven't even had to eat Ramen noodles as a college student. I also have a great apartment that could probably fit five or six families in another part of the world.

4) Loving Heavenly Father- I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that I'm a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me and wants me to become as great as He is. This knowledge is priceless.

5)
Endless Opportunities- I can do whatever I want in life. This is America, after all. I can be a lawyer, communications director, CEO, banquet server, or janitor (been there, done that!). I am fortunate enough to go to BYU and I know that the amount of hard work I put into my education will equal what I get out of it.

6) Earth- There is truly beauty all around. In Utah, all you have to do is look east towards the mountains to realize what a wonderful earth we have been given. I'm so grateful to be blessed with such beautiful surroundings.

7) My wonderful friends- You gotta love good friends, and I definitely have some great ones. I'm also grateful for the opportunity and ability to make new friends everywhere I go.

I'm sure there will be more of these "blessings" posts. There is just TOO much to be grateful for.

1 comment:

Laura B from the LBC said...

Lovin this post. I look forward to more!