Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Being a Bum

Today I was extremely unproductive. A bum, if you will. I'm not taking classes right now and I'm "on call" at my catering job so the hours are very unpredictable. I had today off and my function tomorrow was canceled so now that day is free, too. I only feel good about spending my time leisurely when I've done something really productive during the day or have worked especially hard during the week. Even if I didn't need to work for the money, I think I'd have a job so I could feel justified in having fun. Don't get me wrong, I love having nothing to do, but too much nothing to do is very unsatisfying.

Even so, today was enjoyable. I learned how to carve board with my friend that I met skiing at Spring Clinic and afterward we went to dinner at Tucci's. I also got a few errands done. I still have to finish an independent study class this summer, so maybe I will get going on that tomorrow. Or maybe I will just learn to enjoy being a bum.

No comments: