Wednesday, February 27, 2008

TurboTax




Taxes. First of all, they stink. The only good thing about them is the return. I am thoroughly enjoying being young and poor and getting almost everything I pay to the fed and state back. Knowing I'll get a return allows me to think of paying taxes during the fiscal year as depositing my money into a savings account. When springtime comes around I get to take the money out and...shopping spree!

The government is not a simple organization, and navigating the procedures and forms of filing taxes can be very intimidating, especially if you have a multiple incomes and many deductions. Fortunately for multi-millionaires and simple folk alike, there is TurboTax. If you are filing a 1040EZ the service is completely FREE! The site takes you through the tax filing process in an easy, step-by-step manner. If you have your W2 handy, you could be done in 20 minutes. I filed my taxes this way (thanks, Mom) and my refund was deposited in my bank account in about eight days.

If you want to save yourself a lot of time and headache, use Turbotax or one of its competitors. If not you can continue slaving over your paper forms and hopefully your refund check will come 6-8 weeks after your snail mail (hopefully) gets processed.

No comments: